Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. — Coffee Hour
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. — Senior Luncheon
- Keynote Speaker: Brian Easter, Co-Founder of Nebo
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. — Workshops
- Hire Me: Tips and Tricks from HR
- Creating and Managing Relationships: Healthcare Communications in Today’s Market
- The Road Less Traveled: Unexpected Options in ADPR
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. — Workshops
- Lead the Way: Insights from the C-Suite
- The Cutting Edge: How to Stay Ahead of the Industry
- Open Mic: Ask New Hires Anything
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. — Career Fair
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. — Downtown Mixer at Porterhouse Grill *You must be 21 or older to consume alcohol.
Hire Me: Tips and Tricks from HR: It’s always good to have connections within a company, but it’s better to know the people who make the hiring decisions. Hire Me gives students the opportunity to ask professionals in human resources about what it takes to secure an interview and the secrets to standing out in the application process.
- Henri Hollis, Account Executive & Internship Director at Green Olive Media (moderator)
- Jenni McDonough, Vice President of Human Resources at 22Squared
- Tia Jackson, Vice President of Recruitment at Edelman South
- Rita Izaguirre, Human Resources Director at Jackson Spalding
Creating and Managing Relationships: Healthcare Communications in Today’s Market: A panel consisting of professionals from a niche industry breaks down countless opportunities in the field by diving into the cross-section of public health and communications.
- Alyssa Stafford, Communications Specialist at Piedmont Healthcare (moderator)
- Carl Turner, Head of Strategy at Publicis
- Elaine Cook, VP Public/ Govt. Affairs & Chief Marketing Officer at Piedmont Athens Regional
- Chowning Aguilera, Senior Vice President at Dodge Communications
The Road Less Traveled: Unexpected Options in ADPR: The choices/perceptions students face when asked what they want to do post-graduation can be daunting. The Road Less Travelled brings together an eclectic group of professionals whose experiences range anywhere from nonprofit to government to freelance to discuss unexpected options in ADPR.
- Elaine Armstrong, Vice President of Marketing at Goodwill of North Georgia (moderator)
- David Haan, Executive Director at The Creative Circus
- Avia Meadows, Project Management Specialist at Cox Communications
- Rebecca Holton, PR & Marketing Freelancer at Becca Holton Communications
- Daniel Youmans, Marketing Global Account Manager at Georgia Department of Economic Development
Lead the Way: Insights from the C-Suite: Often times young professionals want to know what it takes to get to the top. With insights from top industry executives, Lead the Way offers students an exclusive opportunity to learn about how they can grow within a company and see what it takes to get themselves inside the C-Suite.
- Jenna Thomas, Senior Director of Digital Public Relations & Social Media Marketing at Nebo Agency (moderator)
- Chad Shearer, Owner & Creative Director at Caren West PR
- Don Rountree, President of Rountree Group
- Scott Mills, Owner & President of William Mills Agency
The Cutting-Edge: How to Stay Ahead of the Industry: In the ever-changing and fast-paced world of ADPR, it is critical to stay ahead of the industry. The Cutting-Edge brings an entire panel from one company to discuss the importance of emerging media and new technologies in creating the most dynamic campaigns.
The panel for this workshop will consist of the following VML Atlanta representatives:
- Michelle Suttle, Managing Director of Partnerships (moderator)
- Jeff Small, Creative Technologist
- Skylar Russell, Account Manager & Client Engagement
- Lauren Meredith, Associate User Experience Designer
Open Mic: Ask New Hires Anything: Open Mic features a loosely moderated panel of recent Grady grads for an honest Q & A session. This is an opportunity to ask the taboo and get answers to the questions most people are afraid to ask.
- Kelly Tran, Corporate Intern at Edelman (moderator)
- Shay Fitzmaurice, Account Coordinator at Moxie
- Lauren Gourley, Assistant Account Manager at Fitzgerald & Co.
- Jasmine Clayton, Communications Specialist at Aon Hewitt
- Sydney Crumley, Account Executive at WTOC-TV